Ensure the well being of patients and provide a positive, supportive and structured environment, under direction of charge nurse or supervisor.
· Patient safety is addressed through
· Complete patient observation rounds timely. Observation may be assigned every 15 minutes, within reach of patient and/or 1:1 patient care.
· Ensure patient rooms are clean and uncluttered.
· Assist with transferring, lifting, raising or turning patients.
· Obtain patient’s vital signs, height and weight as assigned and ensure accurate documentation.
· Identify self to patient and visitors promptly and respond to patient requests quickly.
· Engage with patient in activities and interactions designed to encourage achievement of treatment goals.
· Respond to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempt to understand the source of distress.
· Apply de-escalation techniques to help manage patient’s emotions, behavior and participation in treatment and assist with seclusion and restraints when necessary.
· Monitor behavioral improvements and reinforce these behaviors. Report changes and responses to treatment by communicating with team. Significant changes are reported to nurse immediately.
· Reinforce skills patients learn from nurses, physicians and therapist that promote improved physical and mental wellness.
· Insure comfort, dignity, privacy and perform related CNA duties such as feed, bath, dress, groom, move patients or change linens.
· Provide transfer or transportation for patient or coordinate transportation with appropriate staff member, as required.
· Adherence to work schedule and overall attendance.
· Follow established policies, procedures and standards for patient care.
· Clean unit as assigned by professional staff, including equipment such as, beds, IV poles and wheelchairs.
· Document timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information in patient medical record.
· Collaborate with other staff in working with the population of the facility to treat and rehabilitate.
· Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Additional education or training which results in certification as nursing assistant per state requirements required.
· Previous experience in behavioral health setting knowledge and experience working with the population of the facility preferred.
· Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification or license, per state requirements.
· CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
· First aid may be required based on state or facility.
StoneCrest Center is the leading provider of inpatient behavioral healthcare in Detroit, MI. Our treatment services & specialized programs address mental health issues in adolescents, adults, and older adults.
Located in Detroit, Michigan, StoneCrest Center is a leading provider of psychiatric services for adolescents, adults, and seniors who are suffering from psychiatric, co-occurring, and cognitive disorders. Additionally, StoneCrest offers unique therapeutic programming for adolescents and adults, who are diagnosed with mental illness and developmental disabilities.
Accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed to operate 162 beds, StoneCrest offers a variety of treatment options at different levels of care to meet the unique needs of individuals requiring our services.
Through the utilization of innovative therapeutic techniques and modalities, treatment planning that is catered to the specific needs of patients, and an experienced and qualified staff that is eager to help patients reach their goals, StoneCrest is the place to turn to when in need of optimal care for psychiatric concerns.