We value your time and want to make the application process simple and quick. Candidates who qualify for the position will be asked to complete an easy three-step online process which includes an overview of the position, simulation and recorded interview. We will follow up with you every step of the way.
Summary: Responsible for providing a high quality of member service, including effective listening and determining member needs in order deepen member relationship through cross selling of products and services. Provides a variety of member service functions, including; accurate processing of savings accounts, draft accounts, loan transactions, cashing checks, selling money orders and traveler’s checks and other duties. Responsible for balancing cash drawer each day and processing end of day teller functions.
Full-time Tellers will work an average of 40 hours per week during our branch hours: Monday-Wednesday 9am-5pm, Thursday and Friday 9am-6pm, and Saturday 9am-1pm.
Essential Preparation and Training:
· High school graduate and six months experience or more as a teller in a financial institution or as retail sales representative/cashier.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
· Sales background or demonstrated skills to perform sales related activities.
· Cash handling experience beneficial.
· Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union positively while dealing with member/teller transactions.
· Effective listening skills to determine member needs and efficiently resolve problems.
· Average reasoning, mathematical, and language ability.
· Above average clerical perception, motor coordination, and finger dexterity.
· Average general learning ability, verbal and numerical aptitude, form perception, and manual dexterity.
· Demonstrated proficiency with technology and software, and functionally able to operate other standard office equipment.
About our Benefits
Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union offers an exceptional total rewards package (a lot of organizations say that, we mean it).
•Full-time team members receive medical and dental benefits on their first day!
• Choose from three medical plans, including the most generous HSA plan allowed by law with no monthly premium.
•Those team members eligible to participate in our 401k plan receive a 3% contribution from MSGCU and a 100% match for the next 7% they contribute!
•We offer full-time employees up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement.
•We offer vacation and sick time pro-rated based on when you join the Credit Union and celebrate 9 holidays.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Founded by a small group of educators, Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union (MSGCU) has been providing quality financial services to the community for more than 65 years. Following our mission of being a caring organization dedicated to promoting financial success for our members, we have grown to be the 6th largest Credit Union in Michigan. With 15 offices in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne Counties, MSGCU has 350 team members, 135,000 members, over $2 billion in assets, and has earned a 97% member satisfaction rating for the past ten years. We have also been honored as a Top Workplace by The Detroit Free Press seven years in a row.
If you have a passion for helping people and providing exceptional and dependable service, we want you on our team!