Samsung SDI is looking for motivated individuals responsible for assembling lithium ion batteries and battery packs. Read and follow instructions, assemble parts and wire harnesses, and fit electronic components together.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assembly of lithium ion battery packs, working on a high volume fast paced assembly line.
• Flexible and capable of cross training to promote job rotation and team building.
• Become proficient at multiple jobs / stations.
• Daily accountability for safety, quality, production requirements.
• Start of shift preventative maintenance activities & end of shift clean up.
• Read and follow work instructions, drawings, diagrams, specifications.
• Positions, aligns, and assembles parts in specified relationship to each other in jig or fixture.
• Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
• Maintain a safe and clean work area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Inspect wiring installations, assemblies, and circuits to ensure conformance to specifications
• Pack finished products for shipment. • Verify dimensions and clearances to ensure conformance to standards.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Other tasks as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS:
• Reading skills.
• Writing skills.
• Ability to follow work instructions.
• Ability to stand, walk, carry light objects, handle parts, reach with hands and arms, and lift 50 lbs.
• Attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
• Commitment to continuous improvement activities.
• Ability to work well with individuals and teams to ensure the team meets or exceeds expectations.
• High School Diploma or GED required. HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
• Follow safe work procedures established by the Company; and follow the OH&S directions of the head of your department or supervisor.
• Use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety system.
• Where PPE is required to control exposure to hazards in the workplace, wear and maintain the PPE as directed, as indicated in a risk assessment, or as required in OH&S procedures.
• Use other safety and emergency equipment provided in the workplace as directed or as required in OH&S procedures.
• Report OH&S problems.
• Report workplace hazards to the supervisor as soon as possible after they occur.
• Report injury or illness arising from workplace activities using the incident/injury reporting system as soon as possible after the incident.
For over 70 years, Samsung has been dedicated to making a better world through diverse businesses that today span advanced technology, semiconductors, skyscraper and plant construction, petrochemicals, fashion, medicine, finance, and more. Through innovative, reliable products and services; talented people; a responsible approach to business and global citizenship; collaboration with our partners and customers, Samsung is taking the world in imaginative new directions. For more information on Samsung, refer to www.samsung.com.
Since establishment in 1970, Samsung SDI has continued its path of challenge towards creative innovation and brighter future. The secondary lithium-ion batteries manufactured by Samsung SDI are rapidly expanding their applications from digital mobile devices such as cell phone and laptop to electric vehicles such as xEV and Energy Storage System (ESS). Our employees are sparing no effort to further develop new and innovative technologies and products and to expand our presence into untapped markets. Samsung SDI is a pioneer who will lead the future industry of new energy businesses based on rechargeable battery solutions. To preserve and maintain the great reputation built over the past 40 years, Samsung SDI will continue to strive towards future success. For more information on Samsung SDI, refer to http://www.samsungsdi.com