We are now hiring for an experienced MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN to work for a desirable company in Livonia, MI.
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity
We are looking for long term, experienced maintenance technicians who have been with the same employer for more than 2 years during their past three jobs. Wage is negotiable based on experience and progress during first year of employment.
Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm + alternating overtime availability on Saturdays and Sundays.
Summary: is responsible for fitting and assembling parts to fabricate tools, mechanisms, and machines. Regularly perform highly diverse duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment and prototype machinery.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Make and design parts in prototype stage.
- Fabricate equipment throughout plant.
- Fabricate parts for maintenance.
- Update current equipment.
- Use skills and knowledge in such areas as mechanical electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic to troubleshoot and repair production machines.
- Operate tools such as lathe and milling machines in order to machine parts to specification.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments. Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment to perform duties.
Benefits after probationary period include:
• Insurance- Medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and life. *Insurance coverage includes employee, spouse and children!
• 40 hours of paid vacation after 1 year of employment.
• 14 paid holidays- including your birthday!
• Retirement- 401(k) and pension plan.
• Weekly pay schedule. Direct deposit and pay card available.
Position Requirements/ Preferred Skills:
• Ability to perform majority of job duties.
• Verification of high school diploma or G.E.D. upon offer of employment.
• Complete a background check and drug screen.
• Good performance on pre-employment math test (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and word problems related to manufacturing)
• Reliable transportation- perfect attendance is essential in manufacturing!
Physical requirements/Work Environment:
• Able to stand for majority of the shift
Frequently exposed to permissible levels of fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
• The noises level in the work envenomed can be loud.
• This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
• The employee must frequently lift and or move items over 75 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to work in hot conditions during summer months
At Kelly, we connect great people with great companies.
We’re a leading advocate for nontraditional, independent workstyles, and we believe in the flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities they allow. That’s because the fear of getting “stuck” in a job is real. The reality of traditional work arrangements no longer fit the needs—or wants—of the evolving workforce, which is increasingly looking for ways to fit work into life.
We’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. Our employment opportunities span a wide variety of industries, companies, and locations around the world. Whether you’re looking for a temporary or contract position that fits your lifestyle, a project that leads to longer-term employment, or the full-time job of your dreams, Kelly can help you find what’s next for your career.
Connecting talented people to companies in need of their skills is at the very heart of what we do. That’s because in a world where nothing is permanent, job seekers and employers are continually asking, “What’s next?”
The next chapter in life and quest for advancement means careers are continually in motion. The next business strategy and journey for growth means employers are continually evaluating their workforce effectiveness. At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next for job seekers and employers.
People today are choosing to work in independent ways—temporary, contract, freelance, and as gig workers—to gain experience, advance their careers, and achieve flexibility to pursue their passions. For employers, the task then becomes embracing this modern world of work and rethinking their talent strategy to harness the potential of all workers and work styles and their value in the workplace.
We help people ditch the script on the old ways of thinking and make the people-work connections that enable the growth job seekers and employers are striving for.
Providing specialty services
We’re proud to be a global specialty talent solutions provider to meet the needs of job seekers and employers.
Office and Light Industrial
Managed Service Provider And More
The people of Kelly—those working internally, behind the scenes to make it all happen—are unique in their understanding and commitment to helping others create better futures and helping companies compete, prosper, and grow. That’s because the work we do matters. Helping people transform their lives matters. Shaping the future of work matters.
So for the workers and companies who are always in pursuit of what’s next, we’re right there with you, writing the story of work together. Because what’s next is what matters. And what’s next is what we’re all about.