ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
TDM Technical Consultant
What will I be doing?
The Technical Consultant for ProQuest’s TDM Studio provides technical process and configuration guidance for customers during pre-sales, onboarding, and expansion stages of the customer journey. The Technical Consultant will analyze research methodology and help researchers optimize code scripts, datasets, TDM Studio Workbench configuration, and the Jupyter Notebook components to support optimal research outcomes.
In this position, you will also…
• Perform system analysis as part of product implementations and onboarding new research projects.
• Optimize setup and configuration for particular research projects based on defined customer input and product features, coding scripts, and available datasets.
• Coordinate implementation and support activities with other teams including Product Management, Development, Support, and Sales.
• Perform and document implementation tasks using globally defined procedures and systems.
• Mitigates technical dependencies and roadblocks to ensure a successful implementation and adoption.
• Serve as the first point of escalation for Customer Success and Technical Support for both project-level and technical issues and provides oversight and leadership for resolution throughout the customer journey.
• Provide customers with technical product advice and code scripting.
• Maintain a high level of awareness and stays current with data-based research methods and with text and data mining (TDM) methodology specifically.
• Gives customer facing-demos
• Answers Account Manager / Sales Teams Technical question
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analysis, Physics or Engineering, plus at least 1- 3 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proven process management abilities, including strong communication and presentation skills
• Technical understanding of data analysis, ideally with some experience text and data mining, software integrations, web services, Python and/or R scripting, Jupyter Notebooks and relevant packages; and industry standard data research concepts
• Customer service or consulting experience in a business/technical environment
• Excellent analytical, technical and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage several complex tasks concurrently and meet deadlines
• Capacity to learn new information quickly and keep up with rapidly changing products and processes
• Flexible and adaptable in the face of changing priorities or circumstances
• Ability to drive for results in order to meet deadlines
•Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
Other important information about this position:
• This position is open to remote workers
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Although duties are typically performed during normal business hours, occasional off-hours work may be required to meet customer and/or business needs.
• This position requires ~20% travel.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you have TDM Technical experience, please consider joining our talented team!!
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.
ProQuest is committed to empowering researchers and librarians around the world. The company’s portfolio of assets -- including content, technologies and deep expertise -- drives better research outcomes for users and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them.
ProQuest is a key partner for content holders of all types, preserving and enabling access to their rich and varied information. Those partnerships have built a growing content collection that now encompasses 90,000 authoritative sources, 6 billion digital pages and spans six centuries. It includes the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses; 20 million pages and three centuries of global, national, regional and specialty newspapers; more than 450,000 ebooks; rich aggregated collections of the world’s most important scholarly journals and periodicals; and unique vaults of digitized historical collections from great libraries and museums, as well as organizations as varied as the Royal Archives, the Associated Press and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
This vast content allows serious research of virtually any research topic from multiple perspectives and across multiple formats. Precision search of the content is enabled through ProQuest’s renowned ability to structure data for simple access and discovery by students, scholars and information seekers of all kinds. These ProQuest technologies uncover the right content at the right time, while others streamline research routines with automated bibliographic support and document management, and by providing online platforms for anytime, any place collaboration. For librarians, ProQuest is an essential partner in driving the transformation of their organizations, providing practical and increasingly interoperable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for acquisition, assessment, management and marketing of their information collections.
ProQuest’s innovations are built from a spectrum of expertise that has developed organically and as companies have joined the enterprise. Affiliate Bowker is acclaimed for its century of experience in the organization of book data via classics such as Books in Print. ProQuest’s aggregation solutions are supported by renowned skills in abstracting and indexing, while its historical collections leverage unique talent in the preservation and digitization of rare archival collections. Its EBooks area – encompassing pioneering brands ebrary and EBL-EBook Library – solve challenges related to emerging electronic formats. Other notable brands include the iconic ProQuest Dialog® information service that powers innovation in corporations; the Summon® discovery service, which enables patrons search their library’s collection through a single online portal; RefWorks, which provides students and faculty with a digital space for collaboration and management of all their research; Pivot™, a resource that matches funding and collaborators with researchers; and Intota®, a new management platform that enables libraries to make the shift from print to “e.”
ProQuest is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with offices around the world.