ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights.
What if you came to work each day ready to revolutionize the future of research, teaching and learning? That’s how it feels to be a ProQuest employee. Whatever your chosen career path, you have an important role in helping ProQuest build the resources that empower librarians, faculty and students to create extraordinary outcomes.
Content Ingest Developer
What will I be doing?
As a Content Ingestion Analyst at a leading educational technology company you will have the opportunity to move new content sets to production; working collaboratively with content owners, product managers, editorial, systems, and manufacturing staff to ensure that content supports product, platform, and manufacturing standards; sustaining the quality of ingested content; and contributing to process and system improvements.
In this position, you will also…
• Support the evaluation process by providing input on usability of sample electronic feed and online content.
• Work with management, providers, and internal departments to inform them of content structure.
• Develop acquisition, mapping, and transform flows to add content to product.
• Perform break/fix analysis and repair using modular and UI driven scripting applications.
• Create filter specifications, transformation services or web harvesters, cross-referencing the structure of the data.
• Support one or more pipelines, owns quality and timeliness of new content.
• Communicate status and maintain reports throughout all phases of new content, migration, project, and sustaining work.
• Participate in small and medium-scale product, and process improvement projects to support new product development.
Reasons you should apply...
1. Enjoy collaborative environment
2. Tech Savvy
3. Empact your work has on the community
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You prefer to work alone
2. You have not worked with Web Development
3. Are not Tech Savvy
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science, Liberal Arts, or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3 years of experience transforming digital content in a similar industry or through related coursework.
• Proven record of communicating and working effectively with multi-disciplinary teams to reach resolution, share knowledge, and maintain strong relationships.
• Experience using regular expressions.
Superstar Candidates May Also Have…
• Master’s degree in Library and Information Science, Liberal Arts, or Computer Science.
• Experience working in a Scrum development environment.
• Experience working in a Lean Six Sigma environment.
• Experience using Informatica Data Exchange, PowerCenter, and Data Transformation products to process content.
• Proficiency in a Language other than English.
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
We work hard and have fun doing it. If you are an experienced professional, please consider joining our talented team!!
ProQuest is committed to empowering researchers and librarians around the world. The company’s portfolio of assets -- including content, technologies and deep expertise -- drives better research outcomes for users and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them.
ProQuest is a key partner for content holders of all types, preserving and enabling access to their rich and varied information. Those partnerships have built a growing content collection that now encompasses 90,000 authoritative sources, 6 billion digital pages and spans six centuries. It includes the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses; 20 million pages and three centuries of global, national, regional and specialty newspapers; more than 450,000 ebooks; rich aggregated collections of the world’s most important scholarly journals and periodicals; and unique vaults of digitized historical collections from great libraries and museums, as well as organizations as varied as the Royal Archives, the Associated Press and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
This vast content allows serious research of virtually any research topic from multiple perspectives and across multiple formats. Precision search of the content is enabled through ProQuest’s renowned ability to structure data for simple access and discovery by students, scholars and information seekers of all kinds. These ProQuest technologies uncover the right content at the right time, while others streamline research routines with automated bibliographic support and document management, and by providing online platforms for anytime, any place collaboration. For librarians, ProQuest is an essential partner in driving the transformation of their organizations, providing practical and increasingly interoperable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for acquisition, assessment, management and marketing of their information collections.
ProQuest’s innovations are built from a spectrum of expertise that has developed organically and as companies have joined the enterprise. Affiliate Bowker is acclaimed for its century of experience in the organization of book data via classics such as Books in Print. ProQuest’s aggregation solutions are supported by renowned skills in abstracting and indexing, while its historical collections leverage unique talent in the preservation and digitization of rare archival collections. Its EBooks area – encompassing pioneering brands ebrary and EBL-EBook Library – solve challenges related to emerging electronic formats. Other notable brands include the iconic ProQuest Dialog® information service that powers innovation in corporations; the Summon® discovery service, which enables patrons search their library’s collection through a single online portal; RefWorks, which provides students and faculty with a digital space for collaboration and management of all their research; Pivot™, a resource that matches funding and collaborators with researchers; and Intota®, a new management platform that enables libraries to make the shift from print to “e.”
ProQuest is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with offices around the world.