ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Software Sales Executive- West Coast - Remote
What will I be doing?
As a Software Sales Executive supporting our Ex Libris software product portfolio, you’ll be empowered to grow your business within the West Coast. You’ll focus on driving new business and expanding on current accounts across your region. This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced sales professional who is looking to make an impact in the lives of students, faculty, and staff on the West Coast.
If you have experience selling enterprise software solutions, especially into higher-ed, or to other non-profit and niche markets you will love this incredible opportunity to drive sales in a competitive, incentive-based environment.
In this position, you will…
• Own the West Coast territory and individual account planning, working closely with account managers, marketing and events to develop an overall territory plan to grow revenue.
• Employ team selling, collaborating with ProQuest Account Manager on opportunities in territory.
• Influence and motivate others in a matrixed sales organization to support and drive towards shared goals.
• Focus on new business as part of expanding the Ex Libris core library software product portfolio within the territory and associated accounts; typically serving as primary point of contact to engage clients on these solutions.
• Lead RFP coordination and development as needed; collaborates with RFP and product specialist teams to ensure alignment of solutions with prospect/client needs.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of all products.
• Maintain awareness of all proposals and may lead discussion with client as needed.
• Ensure progress for account plans and that the plan is aligned to client and company objectives.
• Manage the overall health of the account; coordinating routine checkpoints, handling business reviews, participating in new product roadmap discussions, and engaging in client meetings.
• Enter leads, activity and forecast information into SalesForce.com in order to ensure collaboration and accurate thinking.
• Foster client satisfaction and ensures that issues are resolved, working with colleagues in Customer Service and Technical Support.
Reasons you should apply...
1. You know what it means to sell enterprise software and excel at communicating the value to the audience that you sell to.
2. You’re comfortable working with library administrators, department heads and other staff to understand their needs and align our solutions to their strategic priorities.
3. You enjoy collaborating with your team members and across the organization.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You’re a not comfortable working in a matrix sales organization
2. You’re not able to soft manage complex objections.
3. You would prefer to sell non-technical products.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree plus at least 5 years’ related experience as a direct field sales professional or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven success in selling and closing customers, creating value, and managing a pipeline.
• High sense of urgency with a passion for communicating product and company value to current and prospective customers.
• Ability to employ successful sales negotiation skills within clients at all hierarchical levels within an organization, with experience influencing and selling to the executive level decision-maker.
• Ability to develop a deep understanding of product line and client base.
• Capable of engaging in key probing questions for solutions and can promote key value proposition and answer baseline questions about all products.
• Able to clearly and compellingly articulate full Ex Libris value proposition.
• Ability to assess the sales process and request participation from executive managers when required.
• Ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data.
Super Star Candidates will have…..
• Advanced degree in Library Science or related field
• Experience selling Educational Technology
• Certifications pertinent to the sales profession
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
Other important information about this position:
• This is a remote role; frequent travel is required up to 50%
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are a dedicated, successful software sales professional, please consider joining our talented team!
ProQuest is committed to empowering researchers and librarians around the world. The company’s portfolio of assets -- including content, technologies and deep expertise -- drives better research outcomes for users and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them.
ProQuest is a key partner for content holders of all types, preserving and enabling access to their rich and varied information. Those partnerships have built a growing content collection that now encompasses 90,000 authoritative sources, 6 billion digital pages and spans six centuries. It includes the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses; 20 million pages and three centuries of global, national, regional and specialty newspapers; more than 450,000 ebooks; rich aggregated collections of the world’s most important scholarly journals and periodicals; and unique vaults of digitized historical collections from great libraries and museums, as well as organizations as varied as the Royal Archives, the Associated Press and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
This vast content allows serious research of virtually any research topic from multiple perspectives and across multiple formats. Precision search of the content is enabled through ProQuest’s renowned ability to structure data for simple access and discovery by students, scholars and information seekers of all kinds. These ProQuest technologies uncover the right content at the right time, while others streamline research routines with automated bibliographic support and document management, and by providing online platforms for anytime, any place collaboration. For librarians, ProQuest is an essential partner in driving the transformation of their organizations, providing practical and increasingly interoperable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for acquisition, assessment, management and marketing of their information collections.
ProQuest’s innovations are built from a spectrum of expertise that has developed organically and as companies have joined the enterprise. Affiliate Bowker is acclaimed for its century of experience in the organization of book data via classics such as Books in Print. ProQuest’s aggregation solutions are supported by renowned skills in abstracting and indexing, while its historical collections leverage unique talent in the preservation and digitization of rare archival collections. Its EBooks area – encompassing pioneering brands ebrary and EBL-EBook Library – solve challenges related to emerging electronic formats. Other notable brands include the iconic ProQuest Dialog® information service that powers innovation in corporations; the Summon® discovery service, which enables patrons search their library’s collection through a single online portal; RefWorks, which provides students and faculty with a digital space for collaboration and management of all their research; Pivot™, a resource that matches funding and collaborators with researchers; and Intota®, a new management platform that enables libraries to make the shift from print to “e.”
ProQuest is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with offices around the world.