ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
As an Account Manager at ProQuest, you will represent a market-leading brand and a wide array of products that allow you to provide information-based solutions for every situation. Tasked with generating revenue, you will lead and coordinate sales activity for your assigned territory (Pennsylvania ) utilizing expertise and other resources such as product specialists, client relationship managers and field marketing teams to meet and meet and exceed sales targets.
If you want to work for a company that is dedicated to providing products to help improve the world, keep reading...
In this position, you will also..
• Own the assigned territory and individual account plan coordination, working closely with product specialists, trainers, and renewal teams to develop an overall account plan to grow long-term revenue.
• Influence and motivate others in a matrixed sales organization
• Focus on new (60%) and renewal business (40%) as part of expanding ProQuest’s footprint within the account
• Serve as a primary point to engage the client.
• Lead RFP coordination and development as needed
• Manage full portfolio forecast (renewals and new business) including specialty products and content
• Lead content demonstrations, engaging product specialists as appropriate for product-specific demonstrations.
• Manage the overall health of the account; coordinating routine checkpoints, handling business reviews, participating in new product roadmap discussions, and engaging in client meetings.
Three Reasons you should apply...
1. You’re driven to be your best by competitive financial incentives
2. You want to work with an industry leader, selling some of the top products in the space
3. The opportunity to work in a space that offers a continuously changing market is exciting
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You’re not comfortable in a dynamic sales environment
2. Technical products are unappealing, and you find it challenging to learn new technologies
3. You're not experienced working in the field from a home office
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree plus at least 5 years’ related experience as a direct field sales professional or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven success in selling and closing customers, creating value, and managing a pipeline.
• Successful sales negotiation skills at every level within client organizations, with experience influencing and selling to the executive level decision-maker.
• Ability to develop a deep understanding of product line and client base.
• Capable of engaging in key probing questions for specialty products and can promote key value proposition and answer baseline questions about all specialty products.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Advanced degree in Library Science or related field.
• Certifications pertinent to the sales profession.
Other important information about this position
• This is a remote position and will require up to 65% travel
• This position will be responsible for sales into public libraries, academic institutions, and government agencies.
• Although duties are typically performed during normal business hours, occasional off-hours work may be required.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in providing a superior sales experience for your customers, please consider joining our talented team!!
ProQuest is committed to empowering researchers and librarians around the world. The company’s portfolio of assets -- including content, technologies and deep expertise -- drives better research outcomes for users and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them.
ProQuest is a key partner for content holders of all types, preserving and enabling access to their rich and varied information. Those partnerships have built a growing content collection that now encompasses 90,000 authoritative sources, 6 billion digital pages and spans six centuries. It includes the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses; 20 million pages and three centuries of global, national, regional and specialty newspapers; more than 450,000 ebooks; rich aggregated collections of the world’s most important scholarly journals and periodicals; and unique vaults of digitized historical collections from great libraries and museums, as well as organizations as varied as the Royal Archives, the Associated Press and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
This vast content allows serious research of virtually any research topic from multiple perspectives and across multiple formats. Precision search of the content is enabled through ProQuest’s renowned ability to structure data for simple access and discovery by students, scholars and information seekers of all kinds. These ProQuest technologies uncover the right content at the right time, while others streamline research routines with automated bibliographic support and document management, and by providing online platforms for anytime, any place collaboration. For librarians, ProQuest is an essential partner in driving the transformation of their organizations, providing practical and increasingly interoperable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for acquisition, assessment, management and marketing of their information collections.
ProQuest’s innovations are built from a spectrum of expertise that has developed organically and as companies have joined the enterprise. Affiliate Bowker is acclaimed for its century of experience in the organization of book data via classics such as Books in Print. ProQuest’s aggregation solutions are supported by renowned skills in abstracting and indexing, while its historical collections leverage unique talent in the preservation and digitization of rare archival collections. Its EBooks area – encompassing pioneering brands ebrary and EBL-EBook Library – solve challenges related to emerging electronic formats. Other notable brands include the iconic ProQuest Dialog® information service that powers innovation in corporations; the Summon® discovery service, which enables patrons search their library’s collection through a single online portal; RefWorks, which provides students and faculty with a digital space for collaboration and management of all their research; Pivot™, a resource that matches funding and collaborators with researchers; and Intota®, a new management platform that enables libraries to make the shift from print to “e.”
ProQuest is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with offices around the world.