ProQuest – Who we are…ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights.
What if you came to work each day ready to revolutionize the future of research, teaching and learning? That’s how it feels to be a ProQuest employee. Whatever your chosen career path, you have an important role in helping ProQuest build the resources that empower librarians, faculty and students to create extraordinary outcomes. Software Engineer
What will I be doing?
The Voice Engineer (or associate) will be responsible for delivery and ongoing maintenance of a global unified communications solution, including the understanding of contact center (Amazon Connect) needs. The Voice Engineer provides support for all end users, with emphasis on sales and customer service functions and is a critical part of our organizations ability to deliver on its sales/revenue targets and customer satisfaction.
In this position, you will also…
• Participate in vendor management, to include technical aspects of contract negotiations and master service agreements
• Basic Project Management
• Requirements gathering and translating business requirements to technical requirements
• Tracking, installing and terminating POTS lines where needed
• Traditional fax and e-fax services
• 800 Numbers Documentation and Management
• Microsoft Teams Telephony - Basic Administration and Troubleshooting
• Familiar with session border controller technology
• Understands call quality metrics and Analytics
• Basic understanding of QoS
• Call/Contact Center Solution with Amazon Connect
Reasons you should apply...
1. You have technical experience with telephony components, preferably experience with Amazon Connect.
2. You enjoy collaborating with other teams!
3. You want to work in a purpose driven organization!
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You don’t have any experience with telephony.
2. You have not worked in call center technologies.
3. You do your best work as a solo artist; the rest of the group just slows you down.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Associate’s degree or higher in related field, plus 1 year of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education/certification and experience.
• Technical expertise of basic telephony components: POTS, Faxing, 800 number management, Prior PBX or Amazon Connect - management to include call/contact centers
• Participation in medium to large complex telephony projects
• Experience with diverse voice and call center technologies
• Experience and knowledge of multi-site configurations, including on-prem and hosted solutions
• Knowledge and ability to do basic troubleshooting for typical voice problems, use of basic networking skills to evaluate QoS configurations and markings, ability to translate poor call quality with current state of office network
• Demonstrated ability to perform problem isolation within Contact Center solutions, a good understanding of end-to-end troubleshooting including basic troubleshooting of client endpoints (headsets, phones, laptops and desktop computers running Windows and MacOS) for problem resolution
• Basic knowledge of networking, LAN and WAN technologies
• Some basic experience with scripting (python is a plus)
• Experience working with AWS (Amazon Connect is a plus)
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Takes ownership of projects with the ability to work with across and outside organizations
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced, and often changing set of priorities with the ability to work through conflicts an avoid multi-tasking to the extent possible
• Delivery oriented individual with a willingness to tackle issues and know when to engage outside resources
• Self-starter and self-motivated
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Experience in a cloud environment, ideally AWS platforms using the following platforms Kinesis, Redshift, DynamoDB, and ability to create Lambda’s
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.
Other important information about this position:
• This position can be based in our ProQuest office located in Ann Arbor, MI or remote.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest/PQ seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are a passionate technology professional with a drive for success, please consider joining our talented team!!
ProQuest is committed to empowering researchers and librarians around the world. The company’s portfolio of assets -- including content, technologies and deep expertise -- drives better research outcomes for users and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them.
ProQuest is a key partner for content holders of all types, preserving and enabling access to their rich and varied information. Those partnerships have built a growing content collection that now encompasses 90,000 authoritative sources, 6 billion digital pages and spans six centuries. It includes the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses; 20 million pages and three centuries of global, national, regional and specialty newspapers; more than 450,000 ebooks; rich aggregated collections of the world’s most important scholarly journals and periodicals; and unique vaults of digitized historical collections from great libraries and museums, as well as organizations as varied as the Royal Archives, the Associated Press and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
This vast content allows serious research of virtually any research topic from multiple perspectives and across multiple formats. Precision search of the content is enabled through ProQuest’s renowned ability to structure data for simple access and discovery by students, scholars and information seekers of all kinds. These ProQuest technologies uncover the right content at the right time, while others streamline research routines with automated bibliographic support and document management, and by providing online platforms for anytime, any place collaboration. For librarians, ProQuest is an essential partner in driving the transformation of their organizations, providing practical and increasingly interoperable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for acquisition, assessment, management and marketing of their information collections.
ProQuest’s innovations are built from a spectrum of expertise that has developed organically and as companies have joined the enterprise. Affiliate Bowker is acclaimed for its century of experience in the organization of book data via classics such as Books in Print. ProQuest’s aggregation solutions are supported by renowned skills in abstracting and indexing, while its historical collections leverage unique talent in the preservation and digitization of rare archival collections. Its EBooks area – encompassing pioneering brands ebrary and EBL-EBook Library – solve challenges related to emerging electronic formats. Other notable brands include the iconic ProQuest Dialog® information service that powers innovation in corporations; the Summon® discovery service, which enables patrons search their library’s collection through a single online portal; RefWorks, which provides students and faculty with a digital space for collaboration and management of all their research; Pivot™, a resource that matches funding and collaborators with researchers; and Intota®, a new management platform that enables libraries to make the shift from print to “e.”
ProQuest is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with offices around the world.