ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights.
What if you came to work each day ready to revolutionize the future of research, teaching and learning? That’s how it feels to be a ProQuest employee. Whatever your chosen career path, you have an important role in helping ProQuest build the resources that empower librarians, faculty and students to create extraordinary outcomes.
Regional Marketing Specialist
What will I be doing?
As a member of the Regional Marketing team supporting Academic, K-12, and Public Library markets, you will define, own, execute, and report on marketing campaigns an event strategies. We're looking for someone who is passionate about what they do and is looking for the opportunity to sink their teeth into a dynamic and challenging opportunity.
If you're looking for the next step in your career, or you're just ready for a change in scenery, keep reading!
In this position, you will also…
Perform Sales Enablement & Account Based marketing
• Contribute to development of marketing strategy
• Collaborate closely with sales teams
• Create, deliver and measures campaigns and materials to drive product penetration in large accounts.
Drive Demand In Your Region or Segment
• Manage campaign and events development, execution, and measurement of demand generation.
• Contribute to annual planning and ongoing campaign creation.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to create campaigns in new segments and verticals.
• Coordinate tradeshows and customer events.
• Resource Management and Scheduling
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams from sales, product, market development, and enterprise marketing.
• Mentor colleagues across marketing teams.
Reporting & Readiness:
• Provide monthly dashboard metrics and outcomes from activities and results for ROI.
• Maintain accurate record of marketing campaigns and tactics.
• Train and support colleagues in use of Salesforce and marketing automation platforms and other internal tools and reports
Reasons you should apply...
1. You’re a self-sufficient, go-getter who is eager to explore new tasks and grow your career.
2. You’re comfortable working in a distributed environment where colleagues and teammates are located across the country.
3. You are excited by the challenge of a complex organization with multiple entities and challenges including language barriers and international collaboration.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You’re not comfortable in a dynamic environment that requires you to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
2. You don’t enjoy digging into a variety of marketing activities; A jack of all trades.
3. You prefer to work solo on projects and collaborate only when necessary.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years’ B2B marketing experience. At least 2 years successful experience in demand generation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Project management and organization skills, with ability to execute multiple, complex projects and meet deadlines.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and juggle competing priorities.
• Creative, collaborative, critical thinker and articulate -- able to clearly communicate how plans will deliver on regional strategic marketing goals.
• Capacity to use, embrace and master new marketing technology, including:
• Intermediate or advanced certification in marketing automation tools (e.g. Acoustic, Marketo, HubSpot, Pardot, Eloqua etc) or equivalent experience
• HTML code or ability to build landing pages in campaign automation tools
Superstar Candidates May Also Have…
• Google Analytics
The ProQuest commitment to social justice and equity…
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based in ProQuest’s Corporate office in Ann Arbor, MI or Bethesda, MD
• Occasional travel may be required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
We work hard and have fun doing it. If you are an experienced, fun and energetic marketing professional, please consider joining our talented team!!
ProQuest is committed to empowering researchers and librarians around the world. The company’s portfolio of assets -- including content, technologies and deep expertise -- drives better research outcomes for users and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them.
ProQuest is a key partner for content holders of all types, preserving and enabling access to their rich and varied information. Those partnerships have built a growing content collection that now encompasses 90,000 authoritative sources, 6 billion digital pages and spans six centuries. It includes the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses; 20 million pages and three centuries of global, national, regional and specialty newspapers; more than 450,000 ebooks; rich aggregated collections of the world’s most important scholarly journals and periodicals; and unique vaults of digitized historical collections from great libraries and museums, as well as organizations as varied as the Royal Archives, the Associated Press and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
This vast content allows serious research of virtually any research topic from multiple perspectives and across multiple formats. Precision search of the content is enabled through ProQuest’s renowned ability to structure data for simple access and discovery by students, scholars and information seekers of all kinds. These ProQuest technologies uncover the right content at the right time, while others streamline research routines with automated bibliographic support and document management, and by providing online platforms for anytime, any place collaboration. For librarians, ProQuest is an essential partner in driving the transformation of their organizations, providing practical and increasingly interoperable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for acquisition, assessment, management and marketing of their information collections.
ProQuest’s innovations are built from a spectrum of expertise that has developed organically and as companies have joined the enterprise. Affiliate Bowker is acclaimed for its century of experience in the organization of book data via classics such as Books in Print. ProQuest’s aggregation solutions are supported by renowned skills in abstracting and indexing, while its historical collections leverage unique talent in the preservation and digitization of rare archival collections. Its EBooks area – encompassing pioneering brands ebrary and EBL-EBook Library – solve challenges related to emerging electronic formats. Other notable brands include the iconic ProQuest Dialog® information service that powers innovation in corporations; the Summon® discovery service, which enables patrons search their library’s collection through a single online portal; RefWorks, which provides students and faculty with a digital space for collaboration and management of all their research; Pivot™, a resource that matches funding and collaborators with researchers; and Intota®, a new management platform that enables libraries to make the shift from print to “e.”
ProQuest is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with offices around the world.