Provides support and advocacy to clients and their families within the community to educate and promote healthy lifestyles and preventing reoccurring hospitalizations by monitoring, assessing, counseling, supporting and empowering clients to improve their quality of life through maintaining stability in the community.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides population and age specific case management services to clients, including assessment, linking/coordinating, monitoring, reassessment, follow-up, service plan development, resource development, transportation and advocacy.
2. Participates with staff in the development review and the delivery of treatment plans.
3. Provides support to clients and families in identifying and accessing services as decided by the treatment plan.
4. Maintain required case management documentation.
5. Participates in in-service training, clinical supervision, consultations, utilization review meetings, and other meetings.
6. Communicates with the public regarding mental health needs and services in the community.
7. Supervises undergraduate students and/or volunteers as mutually agreed.
8. Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in a related mental health services field.
One to two years of progressively more responsible experience in a related mental health and substance abuse services field is preferred.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
All – Licensure in the State of Michigan in a related mental health profession is STRONGLY PREFERRED (LLBSW, LBSW, LLMSW, LMSW LLPC, LPC.) Or an individual with a related mental health degree hired and performing in a similar role. Must have a valid State of Michigan Driver's License.
DD-ACT, HRT, M-COIT or DD-OP Only – CAADC or Development Plan within six months of employment is preferred.
Union: Contract: Rate of pay starts at $16.46 with no licensure and human services field degree. Increased salary is determined by contractual arrangement based upon education, experience and licensure.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
To keep our employees and clients safe we regularly clean and sanitize common surfaces, offer masks to clients, practice social distancing and perform daily wellness checks for staff who will work onsite.
Hope. Recovery. Wellness.
Community Care Services (CCS) is a nonprofit agency that serves people with mental health and substance use disorders. We operate a variety of programs for children and adults that focus on the individual’s unique needs. We start with the person first — developing innovative services that provide the care, resources, and connections to help each person in the best way possible.
Recovery is possible. Recovery is defined as the process through which people find ways of living meaningful lives without ongoing symptoms of their conditions. We believe all people have the inherent right to find their individual path to what is meaningful, and we are here to support that process.