The role of Project Manager is responsible for managing assigned projects for the company. Projects can range from $20,000 to $2,000,000 in size and include various scopes of work including industrial coatings, roofing, and related types of work. The PM is responsible for job cost management, profit protection and enhancement, coordinating subcontractors, and production tracking and reporting. The PM will work closely with our onsite supervision for each project. Expectations are for the PM to handle multiple projects at any given time depending on size and complexity. The PM is responsible for coordinating with other teams within Niles including purchasing, workforce dispatch, safety, and equipment departments to provide a well-coordinated and efficient delivery of assigned projects at the highest level for our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• In conjunction with the estimators and project field leaders coordinate project activities, such as planning and preparing work schedules, monitoring progress, and Production tracking,
• Develop and nurture good customer relationships and goodwill
• Coordinate with other trades and customers on-site project managers and safety
• Ensure all projects have Pre and Post job meetings
• Assist in proper staffing of project
• Execute project work plans
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and handled appropriately
• Resolve issues in a timely fashion
• Maintain project budget
• Minimize potential exposure and risk on projects
• Visits job sites to support Field leaders, as needed as well as build customer confidence
• Communicate Project scope and schedule changes to management
• Realize change order opportunities and execute effectively to enhance results
• Work with account managers to establish client interface protocols within the projects
• Work with project team to review post job meeting and ‘lessons learned’ to continuously improve processes
• Adhere to all company standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Work or related field or proven experience
• 3 to 5 years of project management experience.
• Experience with logistics
• Computer knowledge and proficiency in using estimating software, email and Microsoft Office.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Niles Industrial Coatings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.
Related keywords: project manager, construction project manager, construction, construction manager, project manager construction